The physics of vulnerability is simple:
If we are brave enough, often enough, we will fall.
When we take risks in our lives, we will inevitably experience disappointments, hurts, failures and heartbreak.
Rising Strong™ is about what it takes to get back up and how owning our stories of struggle gives us the power to write a daring new ending. Struggle can be our greatest call to courage and the clearest path to a wholehearted life.
Rising Strong™ process is a research-based program about what it takes for us to get back up, live a more wholehearted and satisfying life by owning our stories.
By participating in the Rising Strong™ Workshop you will have the opportunity to explore how to live bravely every day by showing up in the various arenas of your life to become the best, most authentic version of you.
Throughout the process, you be will guided through many positive experiential exercises, personal exploration, watch exclusive videos from Brené Brown created specifically for Rising Strong™ participants, and have opportunities for personal reflections and growth in a safe, supportive, positive and fun environment.
There are so many points in the Rising Strong™ process for leaders, high performing professionals and working mothers everywhere to consider.
- Regaining our footing in the midst of struggle is where our courage is tested and our values are forged.
- Vulnerability is not weakness, it is our greatest measure of courage. A lot of the cheap seats in the arena are filled with people who never venture onto the arena floor.
- In leadership – boundaries, integrity and generosity matter. What is the most generous assumption we can make about a colleague’s intentions or what they said?
- Be generous in assumptions and intentions, while standing solidly in your integrity, and being clear about what is acceptable and what’s not.
- People learn how to treat us based on how they see us treating ourselves.
- We try to solve problems by doing more of what’s not working instead of stopping and making time for self-examination.
- Asking for help is courageous. Leaders are seen as more trustworthy if they ask for help and support. They need to model this behavior to develop teams that exhibit trust, respect and pride.
- Blame is toxic and kills corporate culture. Trust is grown over the course of a relationship.
- Powerlessness leads to fear and desperation. It is overcome by an active process of hope, which happens when we set goals, have tenacity and perseverance to pursue the goals, and believe inour own abilities to act.
- In business, respecting the passion and commitment of people also means respecting their items on the agenda. Conspiracies and confabulations that arise from a lack of communication tear away at the heart of an organization.
- The Rising Strong™ Workshop is designed to address your personal goals, relationships, professional and creative lives.
Rising Strong™ Program Highlights
- Become familiar with the physics of vulnerability and the ten rules of engagement for Rising Strong™.
- Identify the values that are most important in your life and learn why values clarification is essential to the development of resiliency.
- Explore the critical role emotion plays in behavior change and the connections between emotion, thought and behavior.
- Understand how offloading emotion moves us away from our values and corrodes our wholeness as a human being and the culture surrounding us.
- Develop actionable strategies for getting back up after a struggle or a setback so that you can live, love, and lead with greater courage as your company or organization needs you to.
- Begin to own your own behaviour in times of emotional crisis and understand what is going on for others.
- Turn the Rising Strong™ process into a spiritual practice!
SUGGESTION: one small step could be contacting me and beginning coaching into a new way of being.