The Daring Way™ Coaching Programs are based on Dr. Brené Brown’s research, theory, and curriculum on understanding vulnerability and developing shame resilience. The basis for The Daring Way™ is understanding vulnerability is not a weakness, rather the uncertainty, risk and emotional exposure we face every day are not optional. Our only choice is a question of engagement with our vulnerability determines the depth of our courage and the clarity of our purpose, the level to which we protect ourselves from being vulnerable is a measure of our fear and disconnection.
Our Daring Way™ Coaching Program will help you stop striving to be perfect or be bulletproof. It will stop you from squandering your precious time and energy. It invites you to find the courage to show up, be seen and live life brave. I will inspire you to transform authentically into the person you were born to be.
- What are the fears that drive you away from being vulnerable? (which ironically also drive you away from showing up, being seen and living a wholehearted LIFE?)
- What are the ways you protect yourself against vulnerability?
- What price are you paying to do this?
- What is one small step you can do to own and engage with vulnerability?
SUGGESTION: one small step could be contacting me and beginning coaching into a new way of being.
Authenticity: to choose authenticity is to…
- Cultivate the courage to be emotionally honest, to set boundaries, and to allow ourselves to be vulnerable
- Exercise the compassion that comes from knowing that we are all made of strength and struggle, and are connected to each other through a loving and resilient human spirit
- Nurture the connection and sense of belonging that can only happen when we let go of what we are supposed to be and embrace who we are
Love and Belonging: nothing is more essential to human happiness than love and belonging. To invite these into our lives is to…
- Develop an internal sense of belonging rather than externally searching for acceptance and approval
- Understand why trying to “fit in” and “be cool” doesn’t help us meet our human need to belong but actually gets in the way
- Accept that we are worthy of love just as we are and allow ourselves to be deeply seen and known
- Love the ordinary and imperfect parts of ourselves and our lives
- Practice forgiveness and self-compassion
A Resilient Spirit: It’s important that we are grounded by a deep sense of purpose and are guided by a resilient spirit. To live with purpose and resilience is to…
- Practice hope and gratitude
- Tell our stories
- Embrace vulnerability
- Think critically and honor intuition
- Value perseverance and rest
- Hold joy and laughter sacred
Developing shame resilience skills and daily practices can transform the way we live, lead, and achieve those things that are most important to us.
The Daring Way™ Offerings
“Wholehearted living is about engaging in our lives from a place of worthiness. It means cultivating the courage, compassion and connection to wake up in the morning and think, No matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I AM ENOUGH.” – Brené Brown